Are you so passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you see yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If your answer is yes to these questions, then you need to note that, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the vibrant and diverse team working together just to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, is recently ranked the Best Airline in North America. Air Canada is currently looking for Station Attendants to join our ground handling team at the Toronto Airport.
We are looking for result oriented, highly adaptable individuals that enjoy tackling various tasks in a team setting environment and also reliable. Whether freight or handling baggage, or operating complex loading equipment, the Station Attendants surely play a key role in ensuring that all the aircraft are perfectly ready for a secure and on time departure.
This job is a permanent full-time position. Currently the salary is $14.00/hr as per the collective agreement.
• Operate and drive ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment.
• Marshal or tow aircraft to gate positions for passenger deplaning and boarding and for unloading and loading of cargo and passenger baggage.
• Off-load/on-load passenger baggage and cargo. Its advisable you take just 2 minutes to watch the following video below(link) with more explanatory information about the Station Attendant role: https://youtu.be/4yGhZukonN8
• Available for irregular work and shift work hours- early mornings, weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays.
• Must be able to lift heavy objects repetitively and unaided weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
• Must have the willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
• Must have the capacity to work within strict timelines so as to maintain on-time departures while ensuring safety at all times.
• Should be eligible to work in Canada. If you hold a work permit, then it must be valid for at least a minimum of 12 months.
• Possess a valid driver’s license (G2 or G).
• Should be available to attend a 4 – 6 weeks full time mandatory training.
• Obtain the Transport Canada security card and pass security clearance.
• Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Individual must meet Air Canada medical standards to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including alcohol and drug test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
In cases of equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Inclusion and Diversity and aims to create a accessible, healthy and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applications from all to help us build a good diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and also communities, in which we live and serve. Air Canada thanks all its candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted